Thursday, October 26, 2006

Half Of Knowledge


At this years Ijtima in Berlin the Mashaikh gathered the students upstairs. There they gave a little special Bayan and explained to us, that to admit that you don't know something is half of knowledge.

Unfortunately, we use these words - "I don't know" - very rarely. Often we give anwsers without having a clue. It's just like in this Hadith:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al' As (r.a.a.): I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Allah does not take away the knowledge, by taking it away from (the hearts of) the people, but takes it away by the death of the religious learned men till when none of the (religious learned men) remains, people will take as their leaders ignorant persons who when consulted will give their verdict without knowledge. So they will go astray and will lead the people astray." (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 3, Number 100)

May Allah give us the tawfiq to create a humble mind, humble way of living and humble way of talking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamu Alaikum brother,

Wow you sound like a tablighi...
Are you based in Hannover? Because I know quite a many jamat people there. Also my parents recently came bak after doing some time in jamat in Germany.

True Life said...

Tablighi?! Well, let me put it like this I'm engaged in that Juhud. I'm from Hamburg, not Hannover. But I know most in the North.

Did they come to Hamburg? And when where they in Germany? Maybe I met the Jamaat.